I'm spending more time with my daughter, obviously. Since quarantine has us staying home, I'm forced to pay closer attention to what she eats and I'm pushed to provide her healthy foods she'd be open to eating. I'm starting with what she likes best but offering the home-cooked version. Check out this easy-to-make at-home recipe for baked french fries!
Baked French Fries
- 1 Russet Potato (One potato will serve about 1.5 Cup of fries)
- Coconut Oil (if the oil is hard, melt what you need)
- Sage, or herb at hand.
- Himalayan or Sea Salt
1) The most important part of this recipe is to cut the fries evenly. An even cut will assure all fries will cook and be done at the same time.
2) After you've cut them, gather them in a bowl. Add about 1.5 Tbps of oil per potato used. Add also, about 10-15 leaves of the herb you are using.
3) A second very important step is to make sure all the fries and the herbs are coated nicely with the oil. Season with salt.
4) Lastly, spread the fries over a tray lined with parchment paper. AND make sure the potato fries are not touching each other. If they do, they will steam instead of coming out crunchy.
Bake at 425F for 20 minutes, toss and return to the oven. Broil for 10 minutes.