Plant-base and gluten-free
Banana Bread Recipe
- Coconut Sugar 108 grams or ½ C
- Coconut Oil 48 grams or 4 Tbsp
For the binding agent:
- Flax Meal 15 grams or 2 Tbsp
- Water 68 grams or 6 Tbsp
For the “buttermilk”
- Water 40 grams or 3 Tbsp
- JOI Cashew Paste 10 grams or 1 Tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar 4 grams or 1 Tsp
- Ripe Banana 191 grams or 1.5 banana
- Vanilla 4 grams or 1 Tsp
For Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- Sorghum Flour 57 grams or ½ C
- Brown Rice Flour 62 grams or ½ C
- Baking Powder 1 grams or ½ Tsp
- Baking Soda 3 grams or ½ Tsp
- Salt 4 grams or ½ Tsp
- Xanthan Gum 1 g or 1/8 Tsp
1) Preheat oven to 325F
2) Cream the coconut sugar with the coconut oil in a mixer. Use the whisk attachment, and mix at high speed, scraping the sides as necessary, for about 6 minutes.
3) In a bowl, mix the flax meal with the water as listed for the “binding agent,” whisk with a fork, or hand whisk, then add to the mixer. Whisk again at high speed for about five more minutes.
4) Cut the banana in small pieces, smash with a fork, and set aside.
5) In a bowl, mix by hand the cashew paste, the water, and the vanilla. Add to this the banana.
6) Add the liquid ingredients and the banana to the mixer. Change attachment to paddle, mix at medium speed for about 2 minutes.
7) In s bowl, sift all the remaining dry ingredients. Then add to the mixer. Mix again at medium speed for about two more minutes.
8) Distribute the batter in muffin cups—Bake for 30 minutes.